Tuesday 27 September 2011

Birdie the Cat

Been awhile since I've posted here! Not to say there hasn't been some great topics, and I've even drawn a private picture or two for a few of them, that I never got around to posting. I've just been super busy, and have lapsed into some bad habits, sketch-sharing-wise.

In a blatant and shameless bit of topic baiting, Tim Hamilton sent the word around this morning that today's topic was "Birdie the Cat". Blatant and shameless because Birdie is my cat.

My girlfriend and I adopted "Stray # 3" from the Seventh Ave Cat Clinic about two and a half years ago. We named her Birdie because of the trilling noises she makes, and because we thought it might be funny to name her after something she might like to eat. Like "Carrots" the rabbit, or "Birdseed" the parakeet, or "Steaming Load of its Own Feces" the dog. Birdie the Cat.


She's a funny little tabby, this Birdie, and I captured a few little doodles of her this morning as she stared out the window, wondering after her namesake, no doubt.


I wonder if she'd be flattered by all this attention. As a rule, the Bird doesn't seem to like anyone but my girlfriend and me, but I think she's been nice to Tim Hamilton on occasion when he's looked in on her when we're both out of town. Enough to make an impression, at least.

6 comments:

  1. We had an understanding. She hissed at me and then I fed her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come and look after my cat Tim.
    Similar deal, he tries to gouge out your liver so you feed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a house guest right now, so she's been alternately hissing at him and hiding beneath the bed.

    ReplyDelete