Tuesday 12 October 2010

Love & Marriage

Ok so forgive the apparent Hallmark sentiment of this image. This is drawn from a real memory and in memory of a real person who died last week at the age of 96. I knew her and her husband for 10 years, then after he died I watched her slowly disappear too. Though my abiding memory of the 2 of them together is the near constant low level bickering, when they sat down peacefully to watch TV or just listen to the business of their family they reached out and touched each others hands. Very delicately. I'm not even sure they were aware of doing it. So if I may have a twofer here and wish Tim & Jean the very best in their life together and also wish a fond farewell to someone who loved and was loved in return.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice one. It's nice to see some real sentiment on here.

    ReplyDelete