Thursday 23 September 2010

Life Aquatic: Cherish!


I know, this looks like some wicked queer polo ad (not that there's anything wrong with that!), but hear me out. Today's theme of Life Aquatic was George's idea, and the first thing that popped into my head was Madonna's Cherish video- u know, the one with the mermen?! Yeah, you totally remember it. Anyway this is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PART (if you watch the video, it's at the 2:20 mark). I love how it looks like someone was just like "YO MERMEN" from off screen, and they all turn to look. Heheh.

So yeah. This was just a warm-up brush sketch, but I'm so giggly about it I feel like drawing a comic based on these guys, haha! So funny.

4 comments:

  1. Cool.
    That could be the sequel to "Splash."

    IT would be called "Splish."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was their Mom called Ethel?

    ...'rimshot'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man-Porpoises. I swear, Becky is the most man-hungry lady I've ever met. Sometimes I just don't feel safe in the same studio as her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, it's my absolute fav madonna video! :D

    ReplyDelete