Tuesday 15 February 2011

Dr. Strange's villain: DORMAMMU


Dr. Strange Day, huh? That's cool. I'm glad I made it just in time.

Above, Strange's arch villain, the dread Dormammu. 

Needless to say, Dr. Strange and his cast were designed and created by Steve Ditko.

I've drawn the Master of the Mystic Arts before. Here's one of from a few years ago for my pal, Ben Stone

The very first Doctor Strange I ever did was for a pitch Tim Hall and I worked up. We pitched it to Marvel's Epic line before it folded, way back in 2004. 
For more Dr. Strange goodies, make sure to follow Neil Alien's blog!  
For more Ditko comics, check this out!
For a wonderful and recent essay on Ditko, glue yourself to THIS.

4 comments:

  1. Nobody Stranges harder than you Fiffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN MAN! That Dormammmu is soooo good. Your color handling..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's a veritable mater post!

    How did this sneak by me yesterday? I saw Tim's second Strange, but not this, which allegedly posted before-- I suppose you had begun the process already before Tim posted (and I saw his),

    Anyways, awesome-- the Dread Dormammu is a character just made to be Fiffurized. The two older Dr pieces are super sweet as well.

    ReplyDelete