Thursday 17 February 2011

Cereal Adventures

Oh, yeah, that's right, I went for the obvious pun.

Few people realize that beloved children's cereal shill Cap'n Crunch made his first appearance in the short-lived serial "Captain Crunch and the Secret of the Crunchberries". Each episode featured the Captain and his sidekick, a manic depressive cuckoo bird named Sonny, getting blowned up real good, only to be revealed in the next episode that they had somehow miraculously escaped. It was canceled in 1941, due to outrage over pro-Germany statements made by Hans Von Schadenfreude, the actor who portrayed the Captain, and the sudden realization that serials were mad stupid, yo.

6 comments:

  1. HA!
    I know who stole my ook sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using it instead of milk on my morning cereal. This... is the result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know anything about this stuff.
    Nice sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you're talking about with the thud. The shit is hilarious. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I know is that if what is going on in this drawing was from a serial, I would watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If what was going on in this drawing was from a cereal, I'd eat it. And I bet it would turn the milk purple.

    ReplyDelete