Monday 1 November 2010

DeMatteis Day

DeMatteis.MM

For J. M. DeMatteis Day, I drew J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter in his natural state, inspired by the mini series of the same name that J.M. did with Mark Badger for DC Comics. Whatever results from their fantastic collaborations, it comes highly recommended (see Gargoyle and Greenberg the Vampire). I also threw in some Oreos (J'onzz' favorite) as a tip o' the hat to DeMatteis' run on Justice League, and some Dostoevsky (one of J.M.'s favorite).

--Fiffe

11 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice. True form J'onn J'onnz is a perfect Fiffe character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Fiffe couldn't resist today! Wonderful!
    Nice mix of images. Those Oreos are so cute!
    -Giggle-

    ReplyDelete
  3. CURSE YOU FIFFE!!!!!
    Though I should really have guessed you would do this.
    Awesome green martian there dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. I don't know what I did to deserve this...but it's certainly appreciated. Great stuff!

    JMD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon, I pulled a Badger but you pulled a Mandrake so we're even. (that just sounds... wrong).

    You guys know me too well. And J.M., thank YOU for making the comix. It was really fun drawing J'onzz. If only every morning can begin like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man my ears are so burning, "pulled a badger???" Fiffe your the weirdest comics artist ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Tom Mandrake turns up here I'm gonna faint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could I not show up, apparently somebody pulled me.
    Nice work on the Martian Manhunters guys! J'onn will always be one of my favorite characters too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Nice!
    Welcome gentlemen.

    I should try for Angeline Jolie now....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, we need to start mentioning more names around here. That would be totally Jennifer Connelly of us.

    ReplyDelete