Thursday 18 November 2010

Mum! Dad! Don't Touch it! It's Evil!

So, I'm responsible for today's topic of "Don't touch it, it's evil" and as my subject, I chose to portray the embodiment of evil himself as played by David Warner in the classic film "Time Bandits". The line "Don't touch it, it's evil" is of course, from that film: it's what the protagonist yells to his parents right before they are about touch a concentrated lump of pure evil. They promptly do anyway and explode.


Time Bandits was and is one of my favorite films of all time. As a kid, I use to endlessly draw and redraw the final battle sequence between Evil and the various armies from different time periods. This is my first time drawing him since I've become an adult :)

Incidentally, still on the road with no scanner, just my camera phone and a laptop. I'm pretty pleased with what I was able to pull off, considering.

12 comments:

  1. nice drawing, esp. the expression on his face. How's you color this?

    And I'm glad you're so pleased with yourself you smug bastard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I colored it with Photoshop, replied the smug bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like this better than the the third part of the trilogy, Baron Baron Münchhausen? You're sick...

    And well done while on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I say I liked this better than Munchausen? Stop putting words in my mouf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow should be "Terry Gilliam" day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This movie definitely disturbed me as a child. I mean, his parents die at the end and he isn't even adopted by present day Sean Connery?? That's harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ending was one of the most vivid parts for me. I even remember seeing it in theatres and my parents ( who had been warned in a review) were making sure I wasn't upset by that ending. I wasn't, but strangely, I had always assumed that present day Sean Connery did adopt him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Down for a Terry Gilliam day, though I maybe kinda already shot my wad on that topic. I would probably have to do Oliver Reed's Vulcan from Munchaesen instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me personally, Brazil is the least exciting of his trilogy. I've seen the other two dozens of times, but Brazil only twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brazil was my fav out of them!!!!

    George is a weirdo...

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the rest of us are SOOOO normal.

    ReplyDelete