Wednesday 26 January 2011

Dr Who - Tom Baker


My childhood simply does not make any sense without Dr Who. It was a key part of how I perceived myself and how I wanted the world to be. Tom Baker was MY Doctor, in the same way that my parents are my parents. I cannot change that , no matter how good some of the newer ones have been ( and they have been excellent !)
Dr Who is about a renegade alien in a broken Time/Space ship, travelling the universe , saving the innocent and helping right wrongs. His first and only weapon is his brain and no matter how much of existence he sees, no matter how much horror , venality and cruelty, he loves it and is full of wonder at the beauty of it all. I can live with that.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!
    Nice color effects there.
    This would be an effective poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time of life, dear boy. He's MY Doctor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon, this fantastic! All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors, I agree, cool drawing, would make a nice poster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hurry up and make some prints o' this shit, yo!

    ReplyDelete